The death toll from multiple blasts which hit two bus stations in Gombe State on Wednesday, July 22, 2015, has risen to 37, an official says.
Death toll rises to 37
It had been earlier reported that 29 people had been killed in the incident while 105 others were left injured.
“Twin explosions…. led to 37 dead, and 105 injured are currently receiving treatment at the specialist hospital and Federal Medical Centre, Gombe,” a Red Cross official said.
The first explosion went off at the Dadin Kowa Motor Park while another two occurred at the gate of the Dukku bus station and a small market nearby.
Gombe had earlier been rocked by an explosion on July 16 when a car bomb was detonated in the Central Market while residents shopped for the Eid-El-Fitr holidays.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: