And the only way the Nigeria Customs Service can move forward, I feel personally is my making a sacrifice.
President Buhari recently approved the resignation of the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Alhaji Dikko Abdullahi Inde.
In his statement, while speaking with Journalists, Inde said he was happy, because of the achievements he recorded in the Nigeria Customs Service.
Adding that it was best for him to bow out, while the ovation is high.
The achievements he listed are:
1. Capacity building.
2. Introduction of e-Customs.
3. Enhancing productivity through improved welfare package.
4. Moral rebirth for discipline and integrity in service.
5. Collaboration and partnering with stake-holders and international organisations.
6. Successfully fostering understanding of the service before the public, using an intensified and a well-coordinated public relations platform.
7. Increase in revenue generation from N29 billion in 2009 to N100 billion.