Mrs. Diezani Alison Madueke remains innocent, until she is charged to court, and found guilty of any of these alleged offences.
The tenure of Mrs. Diezani Alison Madueke was not without controversy. She was accused of many wrong doings.
The Nigerian Senate also summoned her, to clear the air on the issues raised against her, but she refused to appear before the Senate.
Here are some of the allegations that were levelled against the ex-minister, during her tenure, according to Daily Trust Newspapers.
1. In June 2008 Alison-Madueke was subject to a Senate probe after it emerged that as Transport Minister she had paid 30.9 billion naira ($263 million) to contractors between 26 and 31 December 2007.
2. Diezani Allison was alleged to have spent billions of Nigerian dollars inappropriately on private jets.
3. She was also alleged to be responsible for some missing $20 billion dollars.
4. She was accused of awarding multi billion Naira contracts without following due process.
5. She was accused of reckless spending of Govt funds.
6. In October 2009, the Nigerian Senate indicted Diezani Alison-Madueke for the alleged transfer of 1.2 billion naira into the private account of a toll company without due process and in breach of concession agreement.
Please note that Mrs. Diezani Alison Madueke remains innocent, until she is charged to court, and found guilty of any of these alleged offences.
The former petroleum minister was arrested in London for corruption related offences, and is currently being investigated by the UK National crime Agency.