The Police has again detained the national commandant of the Peace Corps of Nigeria, Dickson Akoh.

Recall that Akoh and 49 members of the Corps were detained two weeks ago after the opening of its national headquarters at Jabi.

A source told and other selected journalists that Akoh had turned himself in at about 5:40pm, on Sunday, March 19, 2017, for questioning at the FCT Police Command after been told that the police were looking for him.

According to the source, he had a meeting with the deputy commissioner of Police in charge of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), officer in charge of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

The Police is yet to state any reason for his arrest as a SARS officer fired gunshots on the air to dispatch Journalists who had besieged the office where Akoh was detained.

Journalists were also denied access to the FCT commissioner.

“The FCT Police commissioner just stepped out,” a police officer at the gate said.

“Akoh is not here, go to SARS and ask why he was detained,” he said repeatedly.

ALSO READ: Falana secures release of Peace Corps boss, condemns police for raiding group's HQ

The public relations officer of the Corps, Patriot Millicent Umoru who confirmed Akoh’s detention added that a senior Police officer, Abdullahi, also threatened to ‘kill’ the national commandant.

“The national commandant and 49 others were kept in Police detention two weeks ago for days, without food and water. As a result, he (Akoh) developed ulcer and was advised to take traditional medicine,” she said.

“He just returned from his village this afternoon and was told that the Police came to look for him on Friday. He decided to visit the Police commissioner to know why they were looking for him, then the DC CID ordered that he should be detained.

“Let it also be known that, there was one Police officer who goes by the name, ‘Abdullahi’, ranting and threatening that he would kill Dickson Akoh, in the presence of the DC CID and others.

“As I speak to you, if anything happens to Dickson Akoh, the Police and Mr. Abdullahi should be held responsible”, Umoru added.

Meanwhile, A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Thursday, March 16, 2017, gave the Inspector General of Police, the National Security Adviser, and the Director General of Department of State Security Services, a 12-day ultimatum within which to justify the clampdown on the Peace Corps of Nigeria.