Pulse.ng logo
Go

Dasuki Ex-NSA might not be allowed to attend his father’s burial

The elder Dasuki, a former Sultan of Sokoto, died at age 93 on Monday, November 14, in Abuja.

  • Published:
Mohammed Sambo Dasuki listens to a question after his address at Chatham House in London, January 22, 2015. REUTERS/Andrew Winning play Mohammed Sambo Dasuki listens to a question after his address at Chatham House in London, January 22, 2015. REUTERS/Andrew Winning

Former National Security Adviser (NSA) Sambo Dasuki is unlikely to attend his father’s burial, incoming reports say.

The elder Dasuki, a former Sultan of Sokoto, died on Monday, November 14, in Abuja.

He is due to be buried on Tuesday, November 15, in accordance with Islamic rites, but his son, who’s being held by the Department of State Services (DSS) on charges of corruption might not be released to pay his last respects.

Sambo Dasuki is alleged to have spearheaded the $2 billion arms deal fraud through which funds for the purchase of weapons to fight Boko Haram were squandered by government officials.

He has been in DSS custody since December 2015 after being arrested on the orders of President Muhammadu Buhari and charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The ECOWAS court, in October, ordered the government to release Dasuki but the latter says it must study the judgment before complying.

ALSO READ: Dasuki accused of N337 billion fraud

The government had earlier told the court that releasing Dasuki would be dangerous.

‎‎The older Dasuki will be buried at the Hubbaren Shehu Usman Dan Fodio Site in Sokoto State after the 2.00pm prayers on Tuesday.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement