Pulse.ng logo
Go

Chibok Girls Army says they will rescue all hostages

The Acting Director Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar also said that the return of the Chibok girls is high on their priority.

  • Published:
Parents of the Chibok girls hold a "Bring Back Our Girls" banner during their meeting with Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja play Parents of the Chibok girls hold a "Bring Back Our Girls" banner during their meeting with Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja, Nigeria, in this file photo dated January 14, 2016. (REUTERS/Afolabi Sotunde)

The Nigerian Army has promised to rescue all hostages held by Boko Haram, as they advance in the war against insurgency.

The Acting Director Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar also said that the return of the Chibok girls is high on their priority.

Abubakar said “The Nigeria Armed Forces would never give up to blackmail and mere media war. We remain focused in dealing with the matter at hand and would be steadfast in that course.

“The truth will come to be in the nearest future; we are always hopeful through our unrelenting commitment to the protection of our country from any form of aggression. Our unified operations will go on and success is on our side.”

He added that “Terrorists by their nature rely on cheap publicity using social media to confuse those who don’t their antics.

“In as much as we care for the rescue of the Chibok girls, which is our target, we are equally not closing our eyes to the rescue of any person or persons in Boko Haram custody as we have been doing in recent times.

“Over 10,000 Persons d have so far been rescued since the new leadership came on board in the military. And we shall continue in that direction no matter the media reports.”

Abubakar also said “All these things are campaigns. In as much as we saw the so called concocted video, it has nothing to do with our own activities, even though we are sympathetic to the plight of our sisters and brothers with the ungodly group.

READ: Missing Nigerian girls identified in new video as calls renew to find them

“In as much as we have seen the video, it has not nothing to do with our operations. In this era of social media, anything can happen. It can be concocted because in this era of social media, anything can happen, so people should not carried away.”

Boko Haram militants abducted over 200 schoolgirls from the Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok- Borno state on April 14, 2014.

See Pulse Photo-News gallery below.

.........................................................................................

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.