Pulse.ng logo
Go

Buhari President confirms reduction of ministries [VIDEO]

Buhari revealed this on Friday, October 30, 2015, during a press conference after the India-Africa Summit, which held in New Delhi.

  • Published:

President Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed that there will be less ministries under his administration than there were during the Goodluck Jonathan regime.

Buhari revealed this on Friday, October 30, 2015, during a press conference after the India-Africa Summit, which held in New Delhi.

“We cannot walk outside the constitution which says that there must be a cabinet representative from each state.  There used to be 42 ministers. I I think we will be lucky if we can have half of that now because we cannot afford it,” Buhari said.

“Others may not be substantive ministers but they will sit in the cabinet because that is what the constitution says and we cannot operate outside the constitution,” he added.

When asked directly if he would reduce the number of min istries, Buhari said “Of course”.

It had earlier been reported that Buhari had plans to cut down the number of ministries in a bid to save cost.

This was based on a recommendation was made to him by the All Progressives Congress (APC) transition committee which suggested that the ministries be reduced from 42 to 19.

----------------------

Watch video of Buhari speaking on reduction of ministries below:

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.