First Nigerian airline to allow infants travel with their parents to any destination within Nigeria for free.
Some of the workers on their Whatsapp forum, put out compelling points they think will make Nigerians and the government understand their plight.
Aero Contractor took Nigerians by surprise when it announced the suspension of its staff and scheduled services.
The indefinite suspension of the airline’s operations reportedly commenced on Thursday, September 1, 2016.
Industry observers also alleged that the airline suspended its operations because of the economic situation.
The Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Muhtar Usman, however debunked the claims.
Usman said the reason for the shut-down was as a result of the dwindling number of planes in the fleet of the carriers.
Here are the 10 reasons why Aero Contractors must be saved.
1. "Aero goes with a record. Not a single commercial flight plane crash since 1959. It was a well-managed airline and contributed tremendously to the commercial aviation history of Nigeria, both in terms of personnel and practices." May Aero resurrect again. It's a solid brand.
2. Aside scheduled and chartered flights which Aero operates through its Fixed and Rotary wings, Aero is the only Commercial airline in the whole of Nigeria that has an AMO ( Aircraft Maintenance Organization) Licence. This Licence allows Aero to carry out Third Party maintenance activities and checks for other airlines.
This maintenance arm of ACN with capability to maintain other airlines airplanes. We perform checks, NDTs, engine change, build wheels and brakes, paint touch ups, and so on. These majority of these services were done abroad before Aero's licence which means outflow of expensive forex. Aero does it for them at local currency which makes it cheaper. Aero makes at least more than N100million in a year and has capability to make more with additional licences given by NCAA and expansion of facility.
Other Airlines who are beneficiary of these services include AZMAN Air, Air Peace, Med-View Airline, Allied Air, Caverton Helicopter, Overland, Dana Air, Execujet.
With the expansion. Aero can make not less than N200million per c-check. The human capacity is there. For this and other reasons let's ensure the survival of this National monument. Please Save Aero.
3. Aero has contributed immensely to the economy of the nation from taxes we the employees pay. The airline has provided employment for both Nigerians and foreigners as well, the airline has good customer service records and a good safety record as well. PMB we need the orange bird in our skies once again
4. Aero has also contributed to the I.T portal, by kick-starting the first online passenger booking, check-in online and excess luggage check-in to ease passengers stress and bringing the airline (AERO) services into their home. Aero has indeed changed the way airlines do business in Nigeria. And we still have a lot to offer. #SAVEAERO.
5. Aero is a pace setter she gave millions of Nigerians the opportunity of air travel with the initiation of ticket in the low cost carrier. The first Nigerian airline to implement low cost model air travel, affording many Nigerians who never thought they could travel by air to do so.
First Nigerian airline to operate Infants travel with their parents to any destination within Nigeria for free. Airline Passengers all over Nigeria please Save Aero
6. Aero is internationally recognised and certified. IOSA certified, Multiple Award winning airline, Member of IATA with interline agreement with other foreign airlines. Aero is a pride of Nigeria. Save Aero now.
7. Aero over the years have produced the finest crew due to our commitment to standard and quality, we invest heavily in our crew to render the best quality of service to our customers. 50% of the best crew in Nigeria has directly or indirectly been impacted by Aero either by way of training, internship, employment etc. thereby Aero has contributed significantly to the overall Safety of Nigeria aviation industry.
The first and the only airline to fly all female indigenous crew on board in Nigeria to promote gender equality . We must save this airline now.
8. Aero is like the Pilot airline in the Nigerian aviation industry, driving safety, security, standards, innovations, competitiveness etc. both to customers and entire industry’s advantage.
Guess what happens when you remove the pilot from a plane that is airborne. We need to Save Aero.
9. With over 1,000 employees currently in the employment of Aero Contractors, it implies that over 1,000 Nigerian families and their dependants are indirectly or directly going to be affected if we do not save Aero.
10. Aero still has the capacity to work we have the machines and the manpower. Currently, three aircrafts are operational, four others are out on maintenance which they have tactically refused to bring back, three new Embraer aircrafts have been negotiated for and the deal was almost closed but due to poor handling and management, these new aircraft deals were dropped along the line.
All we need is a profit oriented, focused and selfless management with good track record, and not politically motivated management that is out to seek only their interest and please their godfathers. Aero can work!
Despite its suspension of operations, the Federal Government assured Aero Contractors staff that they will not lose their jobs.