Pulse.ng logo
Go

Abuja Blast NEMA says 26 victims still receiving treatment in hospitals

"We have not had such cases and any one with facts should come forward and the agency will take appropriate action,"he said.

  • Published:
Bomb blasts: NEMA says 26 victims still receiving treatment in hospitals play

Bomb blasts: NEMA says 26 victims still receiving treatment in hospitals

(Scannewsnigeria)

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has said that 26 of the 39 victims of the Nyanya and Kuje bomb blasts are still receiving treatment in hospitals across the Federal Capital Territory.

Mr Ishaya Chonoko, Coordinator of NEMA, Abuja operations, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Monday that the remaining 13 persons had been treated and discharged.

Chonoko said that there were no fresh cases of injury or death from the Friday blasts.

NAN recalls that 20 persons were injured in Kuje and 19 in the Nyanya and Kuje bomb blasts, respectively, on Oct. 2.

Chonoko said that the agency had no report on any hospital that had refused to treat the victims, contrary to some media reports.

He said that the names of such hospitals should be forwarded to the agency for appropriate action.

"We have not had such cases and any one with facts should come forward and the agency will take appropriate action,"he said.

NAN recalls that 15 and five persons lost their lives in the Kuje and Nyanya bomb blasts, respectively.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.