The Nigerian Army has said that a group of soldiers who were reported missing after a Boko Haram attack have returned and re-joined their units.
‘They’re back, have re-joined units,’ Army says
The disclosure was made late on Thursday, November 19, 2015, by Army spokesperson, Colonel Sani Usman via a statement.
The disclosure was made late on Thursday, November 19, 2015, by Army spokesperson, Colonel Sani Usman via a statement, Daily Trust reports.
“The troops have re-joined their units for further action,” Usman said. “Earlier media reports were exaggerated. The CO (Commanding Officer) is currently with his soldiers,” he added.
It had been earlier reported that 105 soldiers went missing after a battle with Boko Haram in the Gudunbali area of Borno State.
Usman had confirmed the battle but didn’t state the actual number of missing soldiers.
However, Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai denied that any soldiers had gone missing saying that the reports were false.
See Pulse Photo-News gallery below
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: