Almost every entrepreneur or businessmen has read one or two 'how-to' books in the hopes of gaining some insight into a successful and fulfilling future. But what most of these books lack is a real life story, from someone who started out at a similar place as you.
Here is a list of the top 5 must-read biographies from a few of the world’s most successful people.
1. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson: Based on more than forty interviews with Jobs conducted over two years as well as interviews with hundreds of other family members, colleagues and competitors, Isaacson successfully provides an extraordinary view into Jobs’s life
2. Losing my Virginity by Richard Branson: This is the worldwide bestselling autobiography featuring Branson’s take on his latest business ventures, personal achievements and intrepid adventures as well as his view of building a better world through responsible business practices.
3. Thrive by Arianna Huffington: It’s all about the story of Arianna Huffington, the founder of The Huffington Post. This book takes an unparalleled look into her life and her journey to success.
4. The Martha Rules by Martha Stewart: In this book, Martha Stewart shares her business knowledge and advice. By focusing on her journey and experience in building a thriving business, Martha helps readers identify their own entrepreneurial voice and channel their skills and passions into a successful business venture.
5. The Hard Thing about Hard Things by Ben Horowitz: This book draws on the personal experiences of Ben Horowitz, co-founder of Andreessen Horowitz and one of Silicon Valley's entrepreneurs. By detailing his own story of founding, running, selling, buying, managing, and investing in technology companies, this book offer essential advice and practical wisdom for navigating the toughest problems business schools don't cover.