President Muhammadu Buhari swore in Nigeria’s next batch of ministers and inaugurated the next Federal Executive Council at a ceremony yesterday in Abuja.
Amongst those who were sworn in is Barr. Abdur-Raheen Adebayo Shittu as the new Minister of Communication.
Prior to his ministerial nomination, most Nigerians had barely heard of the heavily bearded lawyer from Oyo State. Here are 7 things you most probably didn’t know about him:
- Adebayo Shittu was born on March 23, 1953.
- Between October 1979 and September 1983, he was a member of the Oyo State house of assembly.
- He became the youngest ever member of the Oyo State house of assembly at the age of 26.
- During the Olunloyo administration, Barr. Adebayo Shittu was the Oyo State commissioner for information, culture and home affairs between October and December 1983.
- He was appointed as the attorney general and commissioner for justice in Oyo State under the Ladoja administration.
- Barr. Adebayo Shittu was a member of the National Political Reforms Conference in 2005.
- He has a degree in Law (LL.B) from the University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife.