Stuck in a snack rut? Look no further.
But while it's tempting to load up on starchy, carby treats (hello, vending-machine pretzels) for a quick fix, they're not super filling—leaving you at risk for some serious hanger later on in the day.
That's why we teamed up with Hormel to share three delicious, protein-filled healthy snacks that will keep you full until dinner.
And because they're served on a stick, they can double as fun appetizers at your next party, or make a cute addition to your kid's lunch box. Besides: Everything tastes better on a stick, right?
4 slices whole-grain bread
1/4 head lettuce
10 grape tomatoes
2 slices cheese
8 slices Hormel® Natural Choice® Oven Roasted Deli Turkey
1. Cut bread into four squares.
2. Cut slices of cheese into quarters.
3. Cut lettuce into bite-size pieces.
4. Arrange tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, bread, and turkey onto skewers—and distribute ingredients evenly. Enjoy!
1/4 cup SKIPPY® Creamy Natural Peanut Butter Spread
1 strip Hormel® Natural Choice® Original Uncured Bacon
1. Cook bacon on a stovetop or bake in the oven until bacon is fully cooked and crispy.
2. Chop bacon into small pieces and slice banana.
3. Spread peanut butter on banana slices and sprinkle with bacon bits
4. Arrange bananas onto skewers. Option: Add strawberries for color and fun!
1/2 pound Hormel® Natural Choice® Honey Deli Ham
2 cups cubed melon (honeydew, cantaloupe, etc.)
1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
1/4 cup fresh small basil leaves
1. Thread ham and melon onto six 6-inch skewers.
2. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with basil leaves.