Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily
Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.
There comes a time in the month when your girlfriend isn’t operating under reason or logic but by fluctuating hormones and an over production of oestrogen its called Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). This happens once a month and is a combination of emotional, physical, psychological, and mood disturbances that occur after a woman's ovulation and typically ending at the start of her menstrual period.
During this time your girlfriend is overly emotional, has wild food cravings, mood swings, she’s highly irritable, irrational, sad, crying at the slightest thing, and in some cases her anger may surpass that of a raging bull. PMS is a difficult time for your girl and if you don’t get to understand it, and fast, it can be difficult and confusing for you too. We know it’s not exactly what you signed up for so here are some ways to deal with your girl during that ‘time of the month’
- Don’t mention it AT ALL: First way to get through this time with her is, don’t mention that she is PMS’ing. She is already dealing the best way she can, so be extra sweet and hug her more than usual during this time
- Chocolate: According to studies, chocolate, dark chocolate eases her fluctuating moods by releasing endorphins after consumption. Endorphins are also known as the ‘happy hormones’
- Satisfy her cravings: Whatever thing she craves during this time, make sure to study it over a period of time and provide it for her. Be it chocolate, or pizza or peppered gizzard. Don’t complain she is eating too much, give her as much as you can afford.
- Take her lingerie shopping: Any type of shopping would do, but lingerie shopping is to remind her how sexy you think she is, and it ultimately boosts her ego during this time.
- Offer a helping hand : Help with the dishes, make her dinner, drive her to the store, anything that takes the burden off her would be great as stress only makes her feel worse
- Please her sexually: Some women during PMS are crazy horny so surrender yourself to her. Having sex releases dopamine which is a chemical that mediates pleasure in the brain and there’s nothing like multiple orgasms to boost your girls’ mood.
- Give her space: Be there for her but don’t crowd her space, when she is withdrawing don’t coax her to wanting your company. It’s not that she doesn’t want it, it’s just that….well, she doesn’t want it right then. So in your best interest when she wants you gone, go before she claws your eyes out.
- Keep major decision making and conflict away: This isn’t the time for huge decisions especially as pertaining to your relationship. It also the worst time to pick a fight.
- Be calm: There is s high chance she takes out her anger at you, don’t be mad. Just take it and maybe hug her when she is done venting.
- Reduce Outings: You know your girl’s mood is highly unstable going out frequently is a bad idea; it’s more of a better time to stay home, cuddle on the couch, watch movies and eat ice cream.