In ancient times, peppermint leaves were found to possess healing properties and now in the 21st century mint is still very much relevant. Mint leaves possess several essential vitamins and minerals that support the digestive system and other bodily functions.
Besides the power of the refreshing, soothing and calming mint leaves, here are other things that magic mint can do:
1. Freshens your breath: Mint cures bad breath. Its always great to have a mint with you, especially after eating food thing staunch odors.
2. clears your throat: In case of a sore throat, mints serve as lozenges to clear your airwaves and relieve pain.
3.Soothes stomach troubles: That scary growl your tummy keeps making after a meal can be silenced with peppermint. Mint is also known to relieve abdominal pain in diarrhea.
4. Great for making out : The mint flavour works wonders if you have mint flavoured gum or sweets right before you surprise your girlfriend/boyfriend with a kiss, it’ll be one to remember because of the interesting taste.
5. Eases headaches: Headaches caused by stress or alcohol can be cured by rubbing on mint ointment or popping some mint sweets.
6.Good for asthma patients : Mint works as a medicine and provides relaxed breathing; this is one of the reasons why it is used extensively for making inhalers.
7.Good for the skin : Mint has proven beneficial for the skin especially its effectiveness for treating acne. It also soothes the itching and irritation caused by insect bites.
8. Prevention of cancer : Research says that peppermint contains a compound known as menthol which inhibits prostate cancer growth
9.Nausea: Having mint candy or tea is a perfect way to counter whatever nausea comes upon you.
10.Lowers blood pressure: The potassium contents present in the mint leaves help to lower blood pressure and also regulate the pulse rate.