Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily
Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.
Not every bride and groom dreams of a big and lavish ceremony with many guests in attendance, sometimes they want an intimate ceremony with just few friends and closest family members present to share their memorable day with.
Bride and groom at church wedding (Christian Media)
According to Funke Bucknor-Obruthe of Zapphaire Events, in her vlog series 'Funke Says', a small wedding is easier to plan but harder to achieve due to many family demands and obligations.
ALSO READ: 9 factors to consider before choosing a destination wedding
For engaged couples who want to have a small wedding, here are a few practical tips to note:
Groom in black tie (Essence)
1. Be realistic with your goals
2. Speak to your partner
3. Design your dream list
4. Plan and set expectations
5. Choose and unusual time for the wedding
6. Cut out friends that aren’t close to you
7. Cut out co-workers that aren’t your close friends
8. Have an A and B list
9. Divide guests list equally among families
10. Send ‘save the date’ cards to only those you wish to invite
11. Make your wedding fun, romantic and magical
Watch Funke Bucknor explain these listed points in the video above.