Trust is an important factor in every relationship. Mutual trust is vital for couples to be able to help each other grow, and move the relationship forward.
How to build trust in your relationship
Building trust should be a conscious effort by both parties. Here is how you can build trust in your relationship.
1. Avoid keeping secrets. Be an open book to your partner or spouse. If you do, and they find out, you have broken their trust in you, and sometimes, it is hard to regain.
2. Do not judge your partner. Judging your partner pushes them far from you and the bond will not be there for trust to grow. Trust grows when there is a bond between partners.
3. Support your partner always. Be there for them in hard times. This also builds trust.
4. Always say the truth. Don’t tell half of the truth or not all the truth. Say it as it is. Your partner will appreciate you for that.
5. Be your real self in and outside the relationship. Do not try to be who you are not, whenever you are with other people.
6. Confide in your partner always.
7. Let your partner see you when you are vulnerable. Do not pretend to be unperturbed by situations. Ask them for advice and prayers sometimes. Ask your partner to hold you or hug you when you are going through tough times. It helps.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: