Think you've found your dream engagement ring? Wait till you see these five stunning pieces trending in 2016.
1. Scalloped Pave Accents: Many couples are gravitating toward scalloped or French pave accent diamonds along the band. This classic look minimizes visible precious metal, creating an effect of pure shimmer, especially when paired with many of the distinctive halo settings that continue to grace the hands of brides today. Astoria Diamond Ring, $1,400 (setting only).
2. Rose Gold: The warmth and romance of rose gold make it a very popular precious metal for engagement rings. The color shines in vintage-inspired designs, and looks equally stunning in a modern style. Men are also getting in on the action and choosing a rose-gold wedding band that coordinates with their bride's. Cordoba Diamond Ring, $2,350 (setting only).
3. Nature Inspired: Rings that evoke elements of nature through gently curving lines, delicate leaves, and flower motifs remain sought after, particularly by couples who love the outdoors. Ranging from whimsical and abstract to more true-to-life interpretations, diamond engagement rings like The Willow Diamond Ring provide a graceful twist on a classic setting. Jasmine Diamond Ring, $1,050 (setting only).
4. Colored Gemstones: Kate Middleton put this trend back on the map, and it shows no sign of slowing down. A growing percentage of couples are opting for bold colored gemstones from deep blue to less common shades of yellow, pink, peach, teal and green sapphires, as well as emeralds, aquamarines, and other vibrant gems. In addition to providing a unique look, colored gemstones can also offer a more affordable option to white or colored diamonds. The Larue Vintage Ring costs $17,170.
5. Rose Cut Diamonds: A popular style during the Georgian and Victorian eras, rose cut diamonds have a subtle shimmer and quiet beauty that's both vintage and contemporary in feel. The rose cut has facets that rise to a single apex, resembling a rosebud. Featured in Brilliant Earth's new Avant Bridal collection, rose cut diamonds are a fantastic option for brides seeking distinctive or non-traditional styles. Dusk Diamond Ring cost $3,650.