Every couple's love story features a series of moments: the first date, the first kiss, the first fight, and of course those first feelings of love. But how exactly do couples go from "in love" to "I do"?
A Reddit thread popped up on Monday, asking married men to tell the story of the exact moment they knew their wife was The One.
Read on for 8 super sweet anecdotes and tell us yours in the comments.
- When she became his rock: "My Dad had just died, and I went to his funeral a state over around five hours away. So I'm sitting there alone in my hotel room and my girlfriend calls me to see how I'm doing and I say I'm fine when I'm really torn up inside. I was unable to sleep and at around 4 am I get a knock on the hotel door ... I looked through the window and instantly started crying. My girlfriend had driven five hours in the middle of the night because she knew I was having a hard time."
- When he realized she supported him unconditionally: "The first night we met, I was unemployed and she was far too attractive for me. When I reluctantly told her about my employment situation, she calmly responded 'Well it looks like I'm buying your drinks for the night then!'. I knew she was something special, a year later I asked her to marry me. We've been together 10 years and have two kids. She stays at home and now I buy her drinks."
- The moment "forever" sounded like a good idea: After our first date, I remember thinking 'I want to spend as much time with this woman as I can.' We were married four months later. Still married ten years later."
- When she stuck by him in sickness and in health: "I was hospitalized with a broken hip and she refused to leave my side through four days in the hospital. This was after my mother had passed away earlier in the year. That was the moment I realized that she was the one and have been together ever since."
- The moment he realized he was truly loved: "When her car was damaged in a parking lot while under my care (not at fault) and her first words to me upon seeing the damage were 'Are you ok?' That moment when you discover the woman you're dating cares more for you than an expensive inanimate object is the moment you know."
- When his woman was willing to sacrifice anything to help him: "We were on our way to a dinner thing. I had to stop and get air for the tires, and it started to rain -- hard. She spent three hours in the bathroom getting ready, and she got out of the car and put a hoodie on, and held the flashlight for me."
- There were no reasons not to love her: "My very good friend at the time asked me, 'Then why don't you marry her?' I couldn't come up with a single reason not to. We just celebrated our seven year anniversary today."
- When even so-called "bad" moments became memories: "We were waiting for the rain to stop after we had finished buying groceries. It was pouring rain, and I thought it would be great to run in the rain. I turned to my GF and was about to ask her when she asked me if I wanted to run in the rain. We walked to the car getting soaked together laughing."