Scaling and polishing prevent and controls the severity of periodontics or gum disease by cleaning your teeth.
On the contrary, calcium deposits will start building up on your teeth and end up looking like a chalky substance or limescale that can vary from brown or black color or can be the color of your teeth.
If this chalky substance that is also known as the tartar continues to accumulate, it will provide the right conditions for the bacteria to grow in the gums.
It is, therefore, important to scale and polish your teeth to maintain the surfaces smooth and clean to prevent bacteria from growing.
Scaling is gently removing dental plaque and tartar using specialized instruments without harming your teeth. The ultrasonic scaler has vibrations that loosen tartar hardened to your teeth or in between your teeth or that sticks to the teeth.
Polishing takes place after scaling to remove remaining plaque and stains, leaving your teeth shiny and smooth. A soft rubber cup with a special toothpaste, prophylaxis in it spins around your teeth reducing the risk of tooth decay.
If you are suffering from the following dental problems, scaling and polishing of your teeth are necessary.
It is a bacterial infection due to an accumulation of dental plaque in the mouth. The bacteria eats away the ligaments and the tissues of the gums that hold your teeth in place.
They are also known as tooth decay or dental caries. The bacteria in the dental plaque on your teeth produces an acid that eats away the tooth enamel, forming holes. This bacteria is commonly prevalent after taking starches and sugars.
A condition where the root of your tooth has an infection hence the bacteria fills up, damaging your tooth's nerves and pulp tissue.
This is discoloring of enamel surfaces as a result of sipping drinks that are fizzy and eating sugary snacks which are corrosive. These ingredients have acids that wear and stain the enamel giving it an unhealthy look.
● Scaling and polishing prevent and controls the severity of periodontics or gum disease by cleaning your teeth.
● If there are many stains on the outer surface of your teeth as a result of taking food or tobacco, scaling and polishing will make your teeth appear brighter with fewer stains, but if the intrinsic color of your teeth is yellow, there will be no changes after scaling and polishing your teeth.
● Scaling and polishing remove tartar or calculus that leads to gum recession, loose teeth and eventually, loss of teeth.
● Scaling and polishing allow screening for the oral disease like decay and any cavities.
● Scaling and polishing help learning about how best to maintain your teeth and gums healthy and clean.
● Dental scaling and polishing prevent tooth decay.
Platinum Dental Surgery clinic is a customer oriented dental care center providing affordable dental services for you ranging from cosmetic dentistry to gum treatment childhood dentistry and general dental practice.
Our friendly and competent staffs are dedicated to patient comfort and quality of care. Consumer service is our top priority. Our Office provides the best treatment options with our focus ranging from general, cosmetic and orthodontic dentistry.
We also work with specialists in many fields and our team emphasizes comprehensive, quality and preventive care
Book Your appointment right away and enjoy 50% Discount on Scaling and Polishing.