This meal contains greens and spices mostly.
It is also seasoned with black pepper for taste.
What you need:
- 700 grams of tomatoes, diced
- One cup of lentils, picked and washed
- Quarter a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Two carrots, peeled and chopped
- One large onion, chopped
- Four cloves of garlic, chopped
- One teaspoon of curry
- Half a teaspoon of thyme
- Four cups of vegetable broth
- Black pepper
- One cup of chopped kale
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Some water
ALSO READ: How to make scalloped potatoes with cheese
1. Heat up the olive oil on medium heat.
2. Add the onion and carrot. Stir often while it fries for about five minutes.
3. Add in the garlic, curry and thyme. Stir for about a minute.
4. Add in the tomatoes and cook for about five minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Pour in the water, lentils and broth.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Increase the heat and bring the soup to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat, cover the pot halfway and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
9. Add the chopped kale and cook for five minutes.
10. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
11. Taste and add more spices if required.
12. Serve as desired.