It's a situation no one ever wants to find themselves in - the horrifying moment one learns that their flight has been cancelled.
5 important things you should do if your flight gets canceled
Ask around or go online and find out the next time for a flight on the same airline that's going to your destination, then try everything possible to get on it.
Asides the inconvenience and likely added cost that usually arises from a cancelled flight, it's just downright exhausting.
Unfortunately however, it's just one of those things we have to deal with at some point in our travel lives, so the best thing is to have handy tips to deal with that time we'll all be inevitably on the receiving end of a cancelled flight.
PopSugar writer, Hilary White shared some interesting travel hacks on what to do if your flight gets canceled, check them out.
1. Call the airline: The first inclination may be to wait to see how things unfold but it's best you contact the airline especially because tons of people will probably be gathered around the customer service desk, so calling may be a better option.
2. Read up on the airline's policy for cancelled flights: Many have gotten the short end of the stick because they didn't know airline policies for certain situations.So read up and find out how the process works.
3. Find out the next flight time for your destination: Ask around or go online and find out the next time for a flight on the same airline that's going to your destination, then try everything possible to get on it.
4. Don't take no for an answer: In situations like this, it usually becomes a battle of the toughest, so be firm and also have a firm understanding of the airline policies as this will help you greatly.
5. Take note of what other people are doing: Don't be the clueless person standing aloof at the end of the line. Chat up other passengers and always be in the know of what possible solutions other passengers are seeking.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: