Puff Puff is one hell of an iconic snack in Nigeria.
Here's how to make your spicy Yoruba puff puff.
3 Cups All-purpose Flour
2 to 1-1/5 Cup Water
2 Teaspoons Yeast
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg (optional)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Half Cup of Sugar
1 Cup Onion (Blended/Grated)
4 Whole Cayenne Pepper
1. Blend or grate the Onion and pepper set aside.
2. Add all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, mix together and set aside.
3. Add the blended Onion and Pepper. Begin to add water a little at a time while mixing the batter.
4. Once the batter is smooth and lump free, cover it up with a plastic wrap or a tight lid and leave it to rise for 1 hour.
5. Pre-heat the Oil to 350°F and scoop a little bit of dough, you can make it bigger or smaller if you wish and drop into the oil.
6. Fry both sides until golden brown.