To get the smooth texture and consistency of Semovita, these food hacks are here to tell you how.
Semovita is a brand name for one of the many soft gelatinous substances called "swallow" in Nigeria. It is usually part of the main course, served as an accompaniment for Nigerian soups, and is prepared by continuous boiling.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Nutritional value: High in carbohydrate. One cup of Semovita yields 600 calories.
Recipe Yield: Serves 2 people
Semovita (or any other brand of your choice)
Wooden spatula for stirring
1. Pour about 500ml of water into a clean pot and leave to boil on high heat.
2. Take a bowl, pour a cup of Semovita in it and add some cool water into the bowl. Use the wooden spatula to stir the water and Semovita continuously until a smooth consistency is achieved.
3. When the water in the pot is boiling, reduce the heat of the stove to medium heat and then, pour the mixed Semovita into the boiling water.
4. Continue stirring for 1-2 minutes and then allow to cook on low heat for about a minute.
5. Stir again until the texture is consistent and then turn off the heat.