20 years ago, Lekki was a largely under-developed area with folks slowly beginning to acquire land. In the next 10 years, people gradually began to develop their land and it soon shaped up as a residential area.
5 eating joints in Lekki worth checking out during your lunch break
If you happen to work in Lekki 1, here are 5 restaurants you can check out during your lunch break.
Today however, Lekki has quickly grown from a purely residential area to an emerging commercial hub.
In the wake of this expansion, a considerable number of restaurants and hangout joints have opened up in Lekki, with something for everyone.
1. Delta Pot: You're well in order if an image of starch and banga just came to mind. Located on the popular Fola Osibo, Delta Pot is a great option if you're in the mood for a local Nigerian meal.
2. Sao Cafe: An ideal spot for a lunch date, Sao Cafe is a trendy restaurant which offers a variety of Nigerian and intercontinental delicacies.
3. Ying Yang/Ice Cream Factory: Located along Admiralty Way, Ying Yang is a great spot if you have a sudden hankering for Chinese food, and if you happen to have a craving for sweets, Ice Cream Factory which is just downstairs offers a range of desserts. There's also free wi-fi available so you can still catch up with work emails.
4. Mama Ebo: Arguably Lekki Phase 1's best kept secret, Mama Ebo and her famed peppered stew is a regular Nigerian joint, and is the place to head if you're in the mood for affordable Nigerian food.
5. Farm City Waterfront: Between the really tasty chicken and grilled potatoes, plus the great view of the water, this joint located along Admiralty Way, is the perfect lunchtime escape spot.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: