1. Boil some water and pour in your washed rice. Parboil on medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Pour it out in a sieve to drain then rinse out with water.
3. Put coconut milk in a clean pot and set it on the stove to boil.
4. When it boils, add the precooked rice stir and make sure the coconut milk is at the same level as the rice. If not top it up with water.
5. Add salt and the shrimps.
6. Cover the pot and start cooking on medium heat.
7. When the liquid is almost dry, add the green peas and continue cooking till done.