You can purchase most of the ingredients at a big supermarket or Indian store near you.
1. Wash chicken thighs and season with salt, garlic, ginger and pepper. Marinate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken skin side up in a skillet and place in the oven for about 3 minutes each. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. In a pan, add about 2 tablespoons oil or more followed by onions, bell pepper , garlic , and bay leaf. Sauté until soft but not golden, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Then add cumin , coriander , curry , cardamon pods , cinnamon sticks, chill pepper and red bell pepper. Stir for another minute.
5. Next add all the remaining ingredients, rice , stock and salt to taste. Add chicken, bring to a boil.
6. Place in the pre-heated oven uncovered. Cook for about 30- 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Remove let it cool, garnish with vegetables and serve.
ALSO READ: How to prepare beef burritos at home