Ravioli is a filled pasta encasing a variety of fillings from meats to cheeses to vegetables.
Easy to prepare, Ravioli is a perfect last-minute meal for those evenings when you're just too tired and lazy to make a proper meal.
In preparing this recipe, you can use any fillings of your choice.
1. 6 cups all-purpose flour
2. 6 eggs
3. 2 tsp olive oil
4. 3/4 cup water
1 cup tomato puree
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup tomato paste
3 tsp sugar
2 tsp minced fresh basil
1 tsp minced fresh parsley
1 tsp minced fresh oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Place 6 cups flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, Beat the eggs, water and oil into well and Stir together, forming a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
2. Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl, pour into a pot and leave to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
3. Divide pasta dough into several portions. Take one portion, keeping the rest under a plastic or a kitchen towel. Roll it out into a thin layer on a flat surface. Form depressions in the dough with a plastic mold.
4. Add in the fillings into each depression made.
5. Take another part of the dough. Roll into a thin flat dough and place it as cover on the dough with the fillings. Press down slightly to seal and cut into squares using a pastry wheel.
6. Now, all that remains is tossing your ravioli into a pot of water at a low boil, and cooking for approximately three minutes, or until slicing into one reveals no starchy line in the center.
It's that easy. Homemade ravioli is ready.