Born on the 31st of July 1965, J. K. Rowling also known as Robert Galbraith is 50 today!
10 Badass quotes from the author of 'Harry Potter'
JK Rowling has some inspirational badass advice for everyone, here are some you can learn from.
Rowling raised her daughter as a single mother, has battled depression, and wrote one of the most successful book and film franchises of all time. She is also an excellent tweeter, and is our go-to woman for inspiring quotes.
She's basically a genuine badass. So here are some badass quotes by her, to celebrate her big day.
1. Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
2. If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
3. There is an expiry date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction; the moment you are old enough to take the wheel, responsibility lies with you.
4. Many prefer not to exercise their imaginations at all. They choose to remain comfortably within the bounds of their own experience, never troubling to wonder how it would feel to have been born other than they are.
5. As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.
6. Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
7. Curiosity is not a sin… But we should exercise caution with our curiosity… yes, indeed.
8. Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.
9. Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.
10. The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: