Nigeria is 59 today and she has definitely come a long way.
The pictures shared here should remind you of the good old days. Our transition and struggles before evolving into what we are now.
1. This was the historic city of Kano in the 1950s
Kano, 1950s [Credit - Nairaland Forum]
2. The Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina Lagos
[Credit - Travel Start]
3. Yaba, Lagos
Yaba, Lagos [Credit - TravelStart]
4. Carter bridge back then
Carter Bridge [Credit - BuzzNigeria]
5. Broad Street, Lagos.
Broad Street [Credit - Hotels]
6. University of Ibadan, the first university in Nigeria
University of Ibadan [Journal]
7. Central bank of Nigeria, Lagos
Central Bank [Credit - Lost Photos]
8. Asaba-Onitsha ferry crossing in 1959
Asaba-Onitsha Frerry Crossing, I959 [Money Matter Travels]
9. Yakubu Gowon's hand-signed wedding picture
General and Mrs Yakubu Gowon on their Wedding Day in Lagos, April 19th, 1969 [Nigerian Nostalgia Project]
Nigeria Nostalgia Project
10. London and Kano trading company
London and Kano Trading Company [Credit - Lost Nigeria]