Nigeria is 59 today and she has definitely come a long way.
Independence Day: 10 old photos of Nigeria you would love to see
The pictures shared here should remind you of the good old days.
The pictures shared here should remind you of the good old days. Our transition and struggles before evolving into what we are now.
1. This was the historic city of Kano in the 1950s
2. The Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina Lagos
3. Yaba, Lagos
4. Carter bridge back then
5. Broad Street, Lagos.
6. University of Ibadan, the first university in Nigeria
7. Central bank of Nigeria, Lagos
8. Asaba-Onitsha ferry crossing in 1959
9. Yakubu Gowon's hand-signed wedding picture
10. London and Kano trading company
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: