Although this meal may sound very rich, there are several details that keep this pasta sprightly and fresh, rather than heavy. It has peas, prosciutto, cream and pasta and fresh mint added at the end, Make sure not to cook the peas for too long, the key here is retaining just the right amount of crunch to offset the cream and starch.
Cream and pasta you think?
Although this meal may sound very rich, there are several details that keep this pasta sprightly and fresh, rather than heavy
2. Add the prosciutto and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften, and season with a pinch or two of salt and a turn or two of fresh black pepper.
4. Meanwhile, bring your pasta water to a boil, salt it, and add your pasta. You will want to time the pasta to be finished just as the sauce is finishing so that the cream doesn't sit long.
5. With about 3 minutes left on your pasta, add the peas and cook for 2 minutes. We want them to retain their crunch. With one minute remaining, add the cream and quickly bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the cheese, stir, and reduce the heat to low.
6. Drain the pasta, and toss with the sauce to coat. Sprinkle liberally with fresh mint, and serve with black pepper and extra Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: