In case you didn’t know, today, Wednesday, October 7, 2015 is frappé day. Frappé is an iced coffee drink made from instant coffee covered with foam.
Celebrate with an iced coffee!
According to the stories, in a bid to satisfy a nagging coffee craving, a Nestle sales representative accidentally created this drink.
History has it that this beverage was created in the 1950s in the city of Thessaloniki in Greece. According to the stories, in a bid to satisfy a nagging coffee craving, a Nestle sales representative accidentally created this drink at a trade fair in the Greek city.
We’ve found a recipe from Nescafé for you to make this Greek coffee at home.
What you need:
- 2 tea spoons Nescafé
- 2-tea spoons sugar
- Drinking water
- Ice cubes
- Fill a drink/cocktail shaker with 10-15ml of water. Water can be warm or cold. (In case where you don’t have a drink shaker, you can use a hand mixer).
- Add two teaspoonful of NESCAFÉ.
- Put in one teaspoonful of sugar, or more, depending how sweet you would like it.
- Shake strongly until all the water becomes foam. Pour out mixture into a glass.
- Put 3-4 ice cubes in the glass.
- For black NESCAFÉ Frappé fill glass with cold water.
- For white NESCAFÉ Frappé, add 20-30ml cold milk.
- Garnish with a slice of banana. You can also put some whip cream on top of your drink.
This serves one. Happy Frappé Day!
Watch the video below for how to make a homemade McDonalds frappe.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: