The only equipment you need is a powerful blender or Food processor, it’s so intriguing how simple and fast you can quickly whisk a creamy peanut butter together without breaking your wallet. Another interesting thing is that you determine the quantity of ingredients you need. With this recipe, nothing is stopping you anymore.
Homemade peanut butter
Another interesting thing is that you determine the quantity of ingredients you need. With this recipe nothing is stopping you anymore
- One bottle of peanut or groundnut
- Salt (Optional)
- Vegetable oil
- Cocoa powder (Optional)
- Pour the entire well peeled roasted groundnut or peanut into the blender. If your blender cannot contain it, process the peanut in 2 batches.
- Start the blender at high speed and blend for about 1 minute. Stop and start the blender again until the groundnut had completely turned into crumbs while producing little oil. Do not use you blender continuously for more than a minute it could damage the motor.
- Add two table spoons of vegetable oil. This is because some groundnut's do not contain enough oil to make the peanut butter creamy. So you can adjust the quantity of added vegetable oil from one table spoon to four table spoons depending on the oil production level of the groundnut.
- Stop the blender and add a pinch of salt. This is clearly optional since most groundnut's had been well salted.
- Continue blending at high speed while occasionally changing to low speed. Do this for about a minute or two. Watch the peanut if it had completely turned creamy or puree like.
- Stop the blender and scoop out the peanut butter into a jar or plastic container.
- Depending on your taste, you can decide to add a tea spoon of cocoa powder or a table spoon. This will change the colour of the peanut butter from light brown to dark brown.
- Keep in the refrigerator to solidify slightly.
- Your peanut butter is ready.
watch video here.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: