How to make puff puff at home
Puff puff, arguably the most popular 'street food' in Nigeria can be enjoyed in the comfort of your home. Find out how.
I guess it's because it is seen as something we buy on the street corner, rather than a homemade snack.
Here is how to make puff puff at home:
What you need:
- Flour (about one kg)
- Yeast (20 grams)
- Nut meg
- Pinches of salt and sugar
- Vegetable oil
(Note, you can double or reduce the ingredients to suit your needs according to the quantity you want to make)
1. Pour the flour, yeast, nut meg and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Slowly add enough water into the bowl while mixing it to create a thick and smooth batter.
3. Cover the mixture and leave to rise for about 50 minutes.
4. Put a large pot or pan on the cooker, set the heat to medium and heat up the vegetable oil till it's very hot.
5. Scoop some of the mixture with your hand and put the ball of batter in oil. Do this till the pot is full.
6. Fry till the balls of puff puff are evenly brown on all sides.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: