Combining no fewer than 12 ingredients, the spicy red snapper is not a drink for one in a hurry.
How to make a spicy red snapper
If you do not like tomatoes, or a mix of liquor and food ingredients, you should probably stay away from this drink.
Indeed, it is a painstaking mix of sauces, spices and gin.
So if you do not like tomatoes, or a mix of liquor and food ingredients, you should probably stay away from this drink.
What you need:
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 (6 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 fluid ounces dry gin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brine from olive jar
- 1 pinch hot chili powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small dill pickle
- 2 stuffed green olives
- 1 wedge lemon
- Place ice cubes into a cocktail shaker, and pour in tomato juice, gin, lemon juice, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, celery salt, pepper, and horseradish.
- Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted.
- Pour contents (including ice) into a 12 ounce highball glass, garnish with celery, pickle, olives, and lemon wedge before serving.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: