If you're reading this and think the only adventurous activity one can enjoy on the African continent is a wildlife safari, then you're so 2000 and late.
5 bucket-list adventures you can cross off right here in Africa (NOT wildlife safaris)
While safari tours still constitute a large part of adventurous trips in Africa, there are several other bucket-list worthy adventures one can get up to here.
From sand boarding to scuba diving, here are 5 bucket-list adventures you can cross off right here in Africa.
1. Zip lining: If you ever saw photos of exciting zip lines across the Amazon or Mexico and wondered if you'll ever get to experience same, you can right here in Africa. Zip 2000 in Sun City, South Africa once held the record as the world’s longest, highest and fastest zip slide. Though no longer the holder of this record, Zip 2000's average speed of 120 km/h over two kilometres and reaching speeds up to 160km/h still stands as one of the longest in the world. So who's up for some zip lining?
2. Sand boarding: Not unlike snow boarding, only this time you're skidding across sand instead of snow, there are sand boarding spots in places like Egypt and South Africa.
3. Sky-diving: This is an activity that is on many a person's bucket list, and lucky for us all in Africa, you don't need to leave the continent to experience this thrilling activity. Starting from as low as about N25,000 to about N40,000 you can experience sky diving in South Africa.
4. Snorkeling/scuba diving: Virtually all the island regions on Africa offer tourists a chance to go snorkeling/scuba diving. From Zanzibar to Mauritius and Seychelles, there are many places in Africa one can go snorkeling and/scuba diving.
5. Bungee jumping: If jumping off a building or mountain top is on your bucket list, by all means understand you can do this in locations across Africa like Tanzania and South Africa.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: