Recipe - Shawarma
If you've ever wanted to make your own shawarma at home, here are the ingredients and a simple recipe to follow...
2.5 lbs of thinly cut skinless boneless chicken breast
½ cup of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
4 tablespoons of plain (Greek) yogurt
3 tablespoons of white vinegar
1 head of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 to 1.5 teaspoons of salt
½ teaspoon of ground oregano (or thyme)
1 teaspoon of paprika
½ teaspoon of ginger powder
A pinch of nutmeg powder
1. Rinse the boneless chicken breasts with fresh cold water then cut horizontally into thinner cuts of about ½ inch (each breast could possibly be split into 2 slices depending on thickness).
2. Mix all ingredients in a blender, add to a bowl and mix well with the chicken, cover and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
3. When ready, grill the marinated chicken for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
4. Once cooked, shred the chicken thinly and it's now ready to be wrapped into a shawarma sandwich. Spread the chicken shreds along the diameter of the bread
5. Spread a bit of Lebanese Garlic paste, add some salty cucumber pickles, some French fries, and some grilled tomatoes, roll and enjoy.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: