There's hardly any place in the world where taxis are not used as a form of transportation.
See what taxis look like in other parts of the world
Referred to by various names in different locations, taxis are usually a more exclusive form of transportation.
Referred to by various names in different locations, taxis are usually a more exclusive form of transportation, and their form varies from one location to the next.
Here in Nigeria, passengers have to haggle prices with taxi drivers while in some other locations of the world, meters are used to adjudge a taxi fare.
One thing however remains constant with taxis everywhere, they're generally a more expensive transportation alternative.
Check out what taxis look like in various locations around the world:
1. London, England: Officially referred to as hackney carriages, London taxis have enough space to carry as many as five passengers along with their suitcases.
2. Tokyo Japan: Like many locations around the world, taxis are considered expensive in Tokyo.
3. Moscow, Russia: The yellow taxi is widely popular in Moscow.
4. Shenzhen, China: The Electric e6 taxis which began operations in 2011 also run in Colombia and the UK as taxis.
5. Bangkok, Thailand: Popularly refereed to as tuk-tuk, and common with tourists, this taxi is basically a rickshaw installed with a small engine.
6. Valetta, Malta: These eco-friendly electric smart taxis help passengers to reach their destination in quickest possible time.
7. Tehran, Iran: Women's Taxis are private cabs driven by women for only female passengers around the city.
8. New York, USA: New York's yellow cabs are as synonymous to the city as the Statue of Liberty.
9. Hong Kong, China: Toyota Crown taxi is a popular cab in Hong Kong.
10. Stuttgart, Germany: It's no surprise that the home country of popular car brand, Mercedes Benz uses them for taxis. The Mercedes Benz 200D is widely used as a taxi in this region.
11. Cuba: Cocotaxis which are like an auto rickshaw with three wheels, a fiber glass body and two seats are much cheaper than regular taxis in Cuba.
12. Baku, Azerbaijan: Much like the London taxis, the major difference with the Azerbaijan taxis is that they're painted in deep blue.
13. Kolkata, India: The Ambassador which is one of the oldest cars in India
14. Colombia: Columbian taxi, which has been in service for over 25 years, offers clean, reliable, and safe services to its passengers and tourists.
15. Barcelona, Spain: Barcelona taxis offer great fares and connectivity.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: