7 things to expect from art and book festival
This year's theme is This F-Word and conversations will focus largely on creative women doing amazing things both on the African continent and beyond.
The programme will hold at the Arts and Cultural Centre, Kuto, Abeokuta from November 14 -18, 2017.
Below are five things to expect from the art and book festival:
1. This year, Ake Festival will see Brymo launch his first book.
2. Toke Makinwa will be hosting a session of women empowerment.
3. The festivals will bring "Quarter Life Crisis", a one-woman play by London based Actor and Playwright Yolanda Mercy.
4. The event will feature 12 authors in 6 book chats, 1 art exhibition with 5 incredible female artists, 1 stage play, 2 storytelling sessions, school visits, 12 stimulating panel discussions, 5 film screenings, 1 musical concert with 5 amazing women.
5. Attendees should also be prepared for a tour of historic sites and a night of poetry performance.
6. Somali-American poet Ladan Osman, South Africa's Koleka Putuma, Poetra Asantewa from Ghana, Wana Udobang and Mariam Bukar Hassan from Nigeria will thrill fans with their magical performances
7. A short movie "Stand Down Soldier" directed and produced by Jeryl Prescott Sales will be screened at the festival.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: