Doughnut is similar to Nigerian street food, puff puff, but with a better and richer taste. Here's a simple guide to making this delicious snack at home.
Doughnut (which is similar to puff puff, but richer in taste because of the milk and butter) is a fluffy ring snack made with flour, butter, sugar, milk and yeast and sometimes filled with jam.
Here's how to make this delicious snack.
ALSO READ: 5 mistakes to avoid when cooking party rice
1. 250g plain flour
2. 30g butter
3. 50g sugar
4. 5g active yeast
5. 1 egg
6. 1 cup milk
7. 1 cup water
1. In a bowl, add the milk, yeast, sugar and water. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
2. Sift the flour into the yeast egg mixture and knead well until it becomes smooth.
3. Add the butter. Knead some form until the dough is firm, elastic and not sticky. (If it sticks to your fingers, just add some more flour and knead some more)
4. Transfer the dough into a neat and bigger bowl. Cover it with a towel and leave it for an hour. The dough is expected to rise to twice its initial size.
5. Take the dough and roll it out on a flat surface. Using a doughnut cutter, cut the rolls into different doughnuts cut out. (If you don't have a doughnut cutter, you can use any round object like the rim of a glass cup and a bottle cap to make holes in the middle).
6. In a non-stick frying pan, deep fry the doughnuts.
There you go!
Enjoy your doughnuts!