Deep fried bananas are one of China's most popular desserts and here is how to make them at home.
Just make sure you use rice flour and not regular baking flour to ensure that the batter is crispy.
What you need:
- Three sizeable bananas
- 100 grams of rice flour
- 50 grams of granulated sugar
- Two spoons of peanut butter
- Some cold water
- Vegetable oil
ALSO READ: Chinese egg fried rice
1. Whisk the rice flour with cold water in a large bowl to make a thick and smooth batter.
2. Peel the skin off the bananas and cut into two or three large pieces.
3. Dip the banana slices in the batter till completely covered.
4. Deep fry in oil till it becomes golden brown and crunchy.
5. Sprinkle with granulated sugar before serving.