Pizza is generally take out food, but there is no reason you can't enjoy the crusty goodness in the comfort of your home.
The main ingredients for pizza are also easily available. You may also put anything else you'd like on your pizza, even fruits.
ALSO READ: How to make ice cream at home
Here is how to prepare pizza at home.
What you need:
- Cups of plain flour
- Cups of warm water
- One or two teaspoons of corn flour (to be sprinkled on the baking tray)
- Three teaspoons of dry yeast
- Vegetable oil
- Grated cheese
1. Measure out the flour and sieve into a big bowl
2. Add in the other dry ingredients (sugar, salt, baking powder, yeast) and mix.
3. Pour in warm water gradually, so that the dough doesn't get too wet till it starts to come together.
4. Knead till the dough becomes smooth and stretchy.
5. Cover the dough and leave to rise.
While waiting for it to rise, you can prepare your pizza sauce.
For the pizza sauce, you need:
- Two tablespoons oil
- Chopped onions, red and green bell pepper
- Two sausages
- Seasoning cubes
- Two tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Three tablespoons of ketchup
How to make pizza sauce:
1. Keep a part of the ingredients, do not stir fry everything. The saved part will be used to top the pizza.
2. Put the oil in a pan and set on low heat
3. Pour in the onions and pepper, season and stir fry for some seconds.
4. Add in the mayonnaise, stir, add in the ketchup and stir. Turn up the heat and let it simmer till it cooks to the desired taste.
Once the pizza sauce is ready, or while it is cooking, go back to the pizza dough.
6. After about 45 to 50 minutes, the dough should have risen. Dust a baking tray with some oil and sprinkle with some corn flour.
7. Place the dough on the tray and spread thoroughly, tucking the edges underneath.
8. Spread some ketchup on the dough and then add the pizza sauce.
9. Sprinkle your choice of toppings on the sauce (including the leftover vegetables from the pizza sauce).
10. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
11. Put in a pre-heated oven to bake.
12. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and remove from heat.
13. Your pizza is ready to be served!