From hiring stylists to getting style consultants on board their styles (most of them), enlisting the help of personal shoppers and designers and more, these Nigerian celebrities brought it in their everyday looks and on the red carpet throughout the year as they put their best feet forward. Peep 12 best dressed Nigerian male celebs off #PulseList 2015
This year we’ve witnessed a boost in the menswear fashion industry with the emergence of so many menswear designers, from suits to traditional wears and accessories. Likewise, the men of Nigeria really stepped up their game this year with a lot of dapper, urban and traditional looks.
Thanks to the likes of Adebayo Oke-Lawal of Orange Culture, male Nigerian celebrities are taking a chance on their style, either with the help of a stylist or a personal shopper and they looked impressive on the red carpet and in their everyday looks in 2015.
The list is based on everyday style, red carpet style as well as overall appearance and confidence plus consistency though the year.
1) Noble Igwe had an undisputed stylish 2015. The owner and founder of popular site, 360nobs is number one on our list mostly because of his huge and diverse range. A lot of people mostly know him as the Agbada guy but whether he’s combining a suit with sneakers or wearing a dashiki with a face cap, he wears it well. He also knows how to take calculated style risks that set the trend for the rest of the men folk.
2) Ebuka Obi-Uchendu is really a no brainer as No. 2 on our list. The suave on-air-personality has perfected the ‘sharp’ look. Whenever you seem him, either on or off the red carpet, he looks well put together, from a well-groomed face to a well tailored suit. The same can be said when you seem him in an agbada. The other thing you can count on with Ebuka is the fit of his outfits, they are one of a kind.
3) Mai oh my! Mai Atafo has literally redefined menswear in Nigeria with his menswear clothing brand, Mai Atafo. He is the definition of the sartorial gentleman and he practices what he preaches. Just the way he hooks up his clients with stylish and fitted suits, he can never look bad in a suit. His red carpet looks are an inspiration to the rest of us.
READ: Best dressed female
4) Alexx Ekubo is one man who commands your attention either on or off the red carpet. The star actor slowly grew on us with his dapper looks and then the men’s fashion industry started to pay attention. He has appeared on more runways and lookbooks than we can count and he has made friends with some of the best designers in the game. Thus, he has one super stylish closet.
5) Emeka Rodney is another stylish young man whose style we’re crushing on right now. You may know his brand, McMeka, better but he follows in Mai Atafo’s steps, as he walks the walk. Emeka emerged on the seen a few years ago and hasn’t stopped since and what’s even better is that you never catch him misrepresenting his brand in a bad outfit.
6) Ik Ogbonna deserves to be on this list due to his consistency. The actor and model, just like his good friend Alexx Ekubo, has featured in a lot of campaigns for fashion brands and has a great relationship with some really dope designers. He looks effortless in a suit and isn’t afraid to play with colors.
7) Papa Omisore is probably our new kid on the block on this list. Although Papa has been in the entertainment industry for a while as a PR maven to the stars, he is steadily making a transition into the fashion industry with his fashion brand P.O.C Lagos. However, he makes our list for his colorful well-fitted looks and he looks great in his own designs.
8) Denola Grey needs no introduction to fashion lovers. He’s a stylish young man that’s used the power of social media to make a name for himself within the fashion industry. His range knows no bounds, as he slays in suits, short shorts, casual tee shirts and Orange Culture pieces. He also has a way with accessories like no other man in the industry.
9) Adebayo Oke-Lawal is the man who has turned menswear on its head and we have not a single word of complaint. As the creative director and founder of Orange Culture, he has created and worn some of the most appealing and irreplicable pieces we’ve ever seen. When he’s not in OC, he’s still able to take everyday clothes and make them into unique outfits.
10) Emmanuel Ikubese is what I like to call a silent killer, ‘cos he doesn’t make a lot of noise with his outfits on the red carpet, yet they are so powerful. It doesn’t hurt that the Shuga actor has a height and build that makes him every designer’s dream and this year he has consistently worn bespoke suits with great fits and style.
11) Falz Thebahdguy is going rogue and we’re here for it! The rapper and actor is sizzling hot right now and he doesn’t disappoint with his looks either. However, he isn’t the traditional suit dresser, he has a quirky, vintage style that sets him apart and puts him on our list.
12) Akin Faminu may not be a household name quite yet but he’s definitely on his way. The avid fashion blogger in no stranger to the red carpet and is arguably one of the most photographed men on the red carpet. He doesn’t play safe with his fashion, with newspaper suits and he doesn’t have a stylist either...impressive!
Let us know who your favorite male style celebrity is.