Marc Jacobs just earned the title new cool king of NYFW, find out why his presentation is getting all the rave reviews!
The revered designer who faced criticisms on and offline last season for cultural appropriation went for an unconventional presentation for this season winning the hearts of a lot of revered editors and fashion influencers.
The revered designer worn the hearts of industry experts with these five things he set in motion (mighty smart!)
1. Marc Jacobs presented as simple as possible without fuss. He made sure there was no set built, there was no music or loud makeup and hair on the models for the presentation!
2. The designer made sure no phone or photography in any way was allowed! People took in every detail of each piece without distraction. Editors reportedly scribbled away using pen on paper!
3. Marc Jacobs chose a more diverse group of models compared to last season when he faced criticisms for cultural appropriation (he had non-black models wear fake dreadlocks last season!)
4. The designer revealed the collection was inspired by a documentary; 'Hip-Hop Evolution' which explains the presence of statement gold chains and super cool layering.
5. Jacobs didn't grant a single interview at the show stripped to bare essentials e.g people sat on bare metal foldable seats on a bare runway!
Now if that isn't how to throw down a show, please tell how.