The prestigious Grammy Awards 2020 held on Sunday, January 26 and the red carpet looks were phenomenal.
As far as Grammys go over the year, it has been known to showcase jaw-dropping and extravagant looks on the red carpet and its 62nd edition wasn't an exception.
The Staples Center in Los Angeles, USA hosted music and Hollywood stars in their numbers for the 2020 Grammy Award show. We spotted some of the most iconic outfits on the red carpet. The Grammys is not only a place for exorbitant fashions, it's a place for artistic expression, thus producing some of the most daring and best dressed looks in the history of award shows.
The award show started with a mindblowing performance from the host, Alicia Keys. Celebrities made extra efforts to make an unforgettable entrance on the red carpet with their stylish outfits. From the most daring and skin-bearing dresses to cool and crazy suiting, here are some of the most amazing looks at the Grammy Awards 2020.
1. Lizzo served major glamour in an Atelier Versace gown with crystal-studded piping that she paired with Lorraine Schwartz jewels. The all-white strapless Versace dress showed off the perfect amount of leg.
2. Yass! Lil Nas, who is one of the Best New Artist nominee and “Old Town Road” hitmaker went full dominatrix cowboy, dressed in head-to-toe pink leather including a fuchsia harness. He stole everyone's attention in his Versace's piece.
3. Alicia Keys stepped out in a look that embodied all the things we expect from the Grammy's best dressed, without trying too hard. She got us with an all-over sequins, to a cinched waist and a sky-high slit. The ruffles at the shoulder of the Versace dress made the look stand out. It was an elegant combination of serious and chic that felt right for her opening monologue.
4. Ariana Grande made a huge entrance in a custom Giambattista Valli piece with a layered tulle skirt that was reportedly 20 feet in diameter. Gray looks so good on the “7 Rings” singer and 5-time nominee of the night.
5. Billy Porter is known for his over-the-top, high fashion, red carpet looks and his look for tonight’s Grammy Awards was no different. The Pose star somehow topped himself with this jumpsuit-and-hat combo from Baja East. He wore a Victorian inspired beekeeper bonnet with netting covering his face. The cherry on top was the shimmering at the tips of the trousers and the thick-heeled boots.
6. Shawn Mendes showed looking dapper in Louis Vuitton suit. We simply can't get enough of his look in a donning magenta suits on the red carpet.
7. It’s been a minute since we’ve seen a peplum worth talking about, but Chrissy Teigen's Yanina Couture gown with its sunset orange hue, giant sculptural sleeves, plunging neckline and thigh-bearing slit is pure modern bombshell.
8. A kimono on the red carpet? So unexpected! H.E.R is the only one that can pull off print, oversized glasses, and belt effortlessly. This Dsquared2 look felt like a playful throwback on H.E.R.