Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily
Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.
Suits are the one classic outfit that can transform a guy from ghetto trashy to classy, suave and dapper however alot of guys dont know how to wear a suit.
Wearing a suit is serious business, a well tailored suit is one that should look like it was moulded on you not like you were thrown into a boxy trash bag.
Here are some tips to bear in mind when wearing a suit.
- Your tie bar/clip should never be wider than your tie.
- Always unfasten your jacket buttons when you sit. No exceptions.
- Your pocket square should not match your tie or suit at all, let is stand out, create extra effect.
- Your belt and shoes have to be the same colour.
- When you go without a tie, it's best to keep your shirt collar on the smaller side.
- When your jacket is buttoned, you should be able to fit a fist between your chest and the fabric—no more, no less.
- Your jacket sleeves should reveal about half an inch of shirt cuff. If they don't, try a short size instead—you could save yourself a trip to the tailor later on.
- Your pants should sit at your waist (not your hips). You should be able to fit one finger into the waistband comfortably.
- The black single-monk is the sleekest, most sophisticated, most versatile shoe around.
- Dont forget tp cut open the thread on the back vents and the pockets.
- Invest in suit accessories like ties, bow ties, pocket squares, tie clips and cufflinks
- A tie bar should not be worn with a waistcoat or cardigan as the purpose of a tie bar is to hold the tie in place. If you are wearing a waistcoat or cardigan that’s already taken care of and at that point, a tie bar just becomes redundant.
- Light tan shirts match with brown tie
- Light pink shirts match with burgundy or navy blue tie
- Light blue shirts complement red, navy, yellow or burgundy ties
- When dealing with striped shirts, determine what its base color is and coordinate with colors as above. Just make sure the stripes on the shirt do match the stripes or pattern on the tie.