F & R Projects recently held an event
UNICEF statistics reports that over 60% of out-of-school children in Nigeria are girls. Statistics like this go to show the glaring inequality in the welfares of boy and girl children and so necessitates action on the path of well-meaning individuals, who can afford to do more than just speak about these issues.
The Day of Girl's eventsaw us partner with Slum2School, to organize a book reading with over 100 underprivileged school girls between ages 11-16 from schools all around Lagos state. A project funded primarily by the support and donations of corporate and individual patrons like Miss Nigeria and Indigo Arya, with the aim of creating a better world for everyone by actively working to improve the welfare and enforce the human rights of the girl child.
Girls at this event were opportune to meet with successful women and some of their favorite female celebrities who read, mentored these girls and handed out back to school packs and books provided by the donations of the Patrons, to encourage and facilitate literacy of the girl child. we had a Live art installation with artist and curator, Sunshine Alaibe.
Mentors/Readers at this event were;
- Vimbai Muntinhiri - Tv Personality and Producer.
- Eku Edewor - Tv Personality, Actress and producer
- Lehle Baldé - Strategic and partnership lead, Business day
- Ahprodija - singer/songwriter
- Imoh Eboh - Nigerian actress and curator- World Economic Forum Global Shapers Community Lagos Hub
- Mildred-Peace Ehiguese: Miss Nigeria 2017
- Stellah Natumbwe: Miss Uganda 2013
- Idia Aisien - Tv personality, producer
- DJ Cuppy - DJ, singer
About F & R PROJECTS
F&R Communications, a Lagos-based creative consultancy, specialized in providing companies and individuals alongside an arm that deals with corporate social responsibility solutions.
To inquire more about this project or reach out to us, check out our website at www.frprojects.co or give us a call +2348092354153