Next time you're ready to blow your weight-loss efforts on a cookie, just try one of these creative, fun ideas to make the craving disappear.
When it's 3 p.m and those cookies in the office kitchen are calling your name, saying no can feel like a Herculean task especially when that all-to-familiar mid-afternoon stress strikes.
All the same, while fighting food cravings is never easy, rest assured, it can be done, it just requires thinking outside the box a bit, because we all know diet tips like "drink water" just never do the trick.
So next time you're ready to blow your weight-loss efforts on a cookie, just try one of these creative, fun ideas to make the craving disappear.
1. Satisfy your sweet craving with a dance party to “Sugar” by Maroon 5.
2. Permission to Facebook stalk: Look up an old flame and see what they’re up to.
3. Create a new “Top 10” playlist to push you through your next weekend workout.
4. Out of sight, out of mind: Take a new route home avoiding the bakery you can’t resist.
5. Rub essential oils on your hands, like peppermint, and take a big whiff.
6. Connect with nature and feel calmer. Get outside, take off your shoes and stick your feet in the ground.
7. Strip down naked and take a look. That might be all the inspiration you need to skip the junk.
8. Read that book that’s been sitting on your table for months.
9. Plant an herb garden.
10. Zen out: Sit quietly and focus on your breath. Focus on the in and out for 10 deep meditative breaths.
11. Clean out your junk drawer.
12. Envious of your Instagram friend’s jet setting life? Google a destination and plan a dream trip.
13. Practice that American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance audition piece you keep putting off.
14. Do some jumping jacks. Sounds silly, but you’ll get blood flowing and remind yourself to be healthy.
15. Take a tip from cranky toddlers and take a nap, you may actually be tired, not hungry.