On this episode of Pulse Daily, we are tackling ways to deal with underarm discolourations. They are highly embarrassing/unsightly, most of the times, they occur as a result of shaving the wrong way!amongst many reasons but this simple remedies help to get rid of them:
How To Tackle Underarm Discolouration
Catch another episode of Pulse Daily
1. You can also try making a paste out of lime juice and cucumber juice mixed together with a pinch of turmeric powder. The acidic properties of the lime juice absorbs extra moisture and sweat in the underarm area and gets rid of any build up of dead cells an skin that can cause darkening. The cucumber juice on the other hand works as a cooling agent to reduce itching and skin irritations while the turmeric powder prevents discoloration.
2. Use potato juice on the darkened areas of the skin. Potatoes are a natural bleaching agent and are very effective in lightening the skin tone without any harmful side effects. Similarly, raw tomato slices rubbed onto darkened skin can lighten the pigmentation naturally as well.
3. Herbal supplements such as cinnamon capsules should be taken every day to treat darkened underarms.
4. If regular shaving is causing the dark skin, apply a mixture of lemon juice and granulated sugar to the underarms and leave it on to dry for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Then scrub the underarms with some more sugar. This works as an excellent exfoliator for the skin and lightens the skin tone as well.
5. If all fails, there are also several skin lightening beauty products available in the market today. These products range from creams, lotions and skin bleaches and most contain ingredients that lighten skin and strip off the outer dead layer of skin cells, otherwise see a dermatologist.
For more, watch Pulse Daily.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: