Catch this episode on how to tackle dry scalp and dandruff on Pulse Daily
Dandruff is a common chronic scalp condition marked by flaking of the skin on your scalp. Although dandruff isn't contagious and is rarely serious, it could be embarassing... There are home remedies to use to keep them at bay/away permanently.
1. Coconut oil and lemon treatment. Take 1 tbsp of lemon and 5 tbsp of coconut oil and apply it to your scalp. Keep it for 20-30 minutes and then wash hair with your shampoo. This will make your hair clean, clear and soft.
2. Rinse your hair with vinegar. Like lemon, vinegar has super powers that helps to wipe out dandruff from hair. Take some vinegar according to your hair size and add equal water to it. Rinse your hair with this vinegar solution to quickly get relief from flakes in hair.
3. Olive Oil treatment. In olive oil treatment you have to apply lukewarm olive oil on your scalp and rub your fingers in circular motion. Apply the oil at night and wash it with shampoo in the morning.
4. Aloe vera gel for hair. Aloe gel extracts are being widely used in dandruff removing shampoos that help clean scalp. This gel provides a cool and calming sensation when massaged to scalp, thus keeping mind relaxed and stress away. Also antibacterial and antiviral nature of aloe vera helps to fight bacterial and fungal infections in hair. Remove the gel of aloe from its leaf and apply it directly to the hair. Keep it for 20 minutes and then rinse your hair. This is a natural and effective remedy to get rid of dandruff at home.
5. Egg and curd. Egg white is rich in proteins which helps in nourishing our hair and getting rid of weak hair and split ends. Mix egg white to curd and apply it to your hair. Keep it for 15 minutes and then wash your hair using a cold water to remove the dandruff from hair.
6. Tea tree oil treatment. You can apply tea tree oil directly to your scalp so you could get dandruff free hair.
7. Apple treatment. Mix 2tbsp of apple juice to honey and apply it to your hair for 5-10 minutes and then wash your hair.
Catch this episode of Pulse Daily on how to tackle dandruff